Megaron Athens International Conference Centre
Vas. Sofias Ave. & Kokkali Str.
11521 Athens Greece
Instructions how to get to the venue from the airport and Crown Plaza hotel and from Crown Plaza hotel to the venue
||Speaker Ready Room Hours
||Posters Viewing Shift 1
||Posters Viewing Shift 2
|15 March 2023
|16 March 2023
|17 March 2023
|18 March 2023
A confirmation letter with a barcode will be sent to you a few days prior to the Congress.
Please bring your confirmation letter with you to the Congress to enable you to collect your registration material from the prepaid registration stations located in the Registration Area at the Congress Center.
If you do not receive a confirmation letter and barcode, do not worry, you will still be able to use the self-service machines by typing your full name into the machine. Hostesses will be at the Registration Area to assist you. You are kindly requested to wear your badge during all Congress sessions and events.
*Workshop tickets: Purchased workshop tickets will be provided from the prepaid registration stations as well.
To view all the latest COVID-19 regulations and provisions, please click here.
Congress Mobile App
Download the ECIM 2023 App to your portable devices to enhance your congress experience and access all information you need during the Congress. The ECIM 2023 app is available on the App Store and Google Play few days before the congress. For more details, please see this page.
Free Wi-Fi will be available in all congress spaces. We kindly ask that you are considerate and limit Wi-Fi use to email and web browsing activities.
Network name ECIM2023| Password: ECIM2023
All times in the programme are in Eastern European Time, EET (UTC +2) time.
What To Expect
- Participation in all scientific sessions
- Welcome Reception
- Entrance to the Exhibition
- Refreshments as per times indicated in the programme
- Printed Conference materials
- Certificate of attendance (sent via email after the Congress)
Click here for the full scientific programme. Presenters are requested to check the programme carefully for last minute updates.
Important Information for Speakers and Presenters
Visit our website for instructions for Guidelines for Speakers and Presenters Onsite.
- In compliance with EACCME requirements, all speakers are requested to include a slide disclosing conflict of interest at the beginning of their presentation.
- Please make sure to deliver your power point presentation on a USB memory stick to one of the Speakers’ ready stations at least 2 hours before the start of your session.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint, be sure to test it with one of the technicians at the venue at least 2 hours before the start of the session. Then please make sure to test it again with the technician in the Hall where your lecture is taking place that the Video plays well, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Poster Discussion Sessions
- Poster Discussions will take place during designated Poster Discussion sessions at afternoon breaks. Please refer to the scientific programme for more details on the session timing.
- The discussion sessions will be moderated by a chairperson.
- The time of the presentation is 7 minutes including 2 minutes for questions
Poster Viewing abstracts will be divided into viewing shifts, two per day. The presenter may stand by the Poster boards onsite in order to present his/her Poster during breaks. Visit our website for instructions for Guidelines for Poster Presenters.
Industry Supported Sessions
Click here to view the industry sessions that will be taking place during the Congress. Industry sessions are not included in the main event CME/CPD credit.
Don’t miss a visit to the exciting exhibition located in the Skalkotas Foyer (level -1).
ECIM 2023 – Opening Ceremony Followed by Networking Reception
Wednesday, 15 June at 17:15-19:00
The Welcome Networking Reception will take place in the Exhibition Area immediately following the Opening Ceremony and the Opening Keynote Lecture.
The official language of ECIM 2023 will be English.
The 21st European Congress of Internal Medicine is designated for a maximum of, or up to, 25 European external CME credits. Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity. For further information and to download your Certificate of Attendance AFTER the congress, please click here . Printed Certificates of Attendance will not be available onsite.
More information about CME/CPD Accreditation of this medical event will be available closer to the date of the event. Please visit CME-CPD Accreditation page for more details.
Support from pharmaceutical partners helps make this event possible. As such, it is important that we comply with the various codes and directives relating to the manufacturing, distribution, and marketing of pharmaceutical products. The European Union directive (2001/83/EC, article 86) provides guidelines relating to medicinal products for human use. Within these guidelines is the restriction that access to pharmaceutical product marketing activities must be limited to only those participants licensed/authorized to prescribe or supply medicinal products. All participants, with the exception of the exhibitors, are asked the following question during registration: Are you licensed/authorized to prescribe or supply prescription-only medicines?
Within the congress venue, healthcare professional authorized to prescribe prescription medicines will be recognized with a letter P (Prescriber) indicated after their names.
Join the Conversation
Join the conversation within our social media community by sharing, tweeting, posting and liking your congress experiences using the hashtag #ECIM2023 on Twitter and Facebook.
Rue François-Versonnex 7
1207 Geneva, Switzerland