Instructions for Speakers and Oral Presenters
Thank you for presenting at the 21st European Congress of Internal Medicine, (ECIM) joint with the 12th International Congress of Internal Medicine (ICIM)
This page is designed to prepare you for your oral presentation. Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines and general information.
Who are these guidelines for?
- Invited Speakers
- Presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation in Parallel sessions and Rapid-Fire sessions
- Chairs of Parallel sessions and Rapid-Fire sessions
Please refer to the scientific programme for further details on your session type.
As an Invited Speaker or Oral Presenter, you will need to:
Present your lecture or abstract onsite
Invited Speakers and Oral Presenters are expected to attend the Congress in person and present their lecture or abstract at the Congress venue in their allocated session. If you will not be able to travel to Athens, please contact the Congress Secretariat at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Register for the Congress
A link will be emailed to you with the registration instructions. Please refer to the email for further details. If you cannot find it, please check your spam box as well and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: Abstract presenters who have not completed their registration or have not emailed the Congress Secretariat to confirm any possible special circumstances by 31 January 2023, 23:59 CET, will be removed from the Congress scientific programme.
Complete a Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
Filling the Disclosure Form is mandatory in accordance with the CME/CPD compliance requirements. The Form will be emailed to you in due course.
Submit short biography and photo (REQUIRED ONLY FOR INVITED SPEAKERS)
Submitting a photo and short biography is not mandatory, however, it will allow the Congress attendees to get acquainted with your professional background before attending your session. The 21st ECIM joint with the 12th ICIM Congress Secretariat will email you your login details to submit your photo and short biography online in your profile area.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines
PLEASE NOTE: In compliance with CME/CPD requirements all speakers and oral presenters are requested either to disclose any conflicts of interest or to include in their presentation a statement that they have none.
- The first slide of your presentation must be your name and presentation title.
- The second slide should be the disclosure slide. If you have nothing to disclose, please add “No Disclosures”. You can download a template HERE.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
Speaker Ready Room Location and Opening Hours
The Speaker Ready Room (SRR) is located in MC 3.5 on the -1 level and is clearly signposted at the Congress venue.
|Date||Speaker Ready Room|
- You can bring your slides to the Speakers’ Ready Room on a USB stick. The Speakers’ Ready Room will be clearly signposted at the Congress.
- You are asked to only use the Congress computers in the session halls for presentation purposes. The Congress will not be able to support lecture slides presented on personal computers.
- Please note that your slides must be finalised and ready on the day of your session.
- Please upload your presentation slides in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning and at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint, please make sure to test it in Speakers’ Ready Room during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session and at least 2 hours before the start of the session. In the Speakers’ Ready Room for your session, please check with the technician if the sound and picture from the video are transmitted well and repeat the test again during the break before your session in the session hall to avoid technical issues.
- Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Ratio: Please note that the conference computers in the session Halls are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the Halls is 16:9.
To use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare your presentation according to the instructions below, before taking it to the Speakers’ Ready Room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG. The following file types will NOT be visible on a PowerPoint based PC – TIF, PNG or PICT.