Instructions for Speakers and Oral Presenters Old
Thank you for presenting at ECIM 2023
This page is designed to prepare you for your oral presentation at ECIM 2023. Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines and general information.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines
PLEASE NOTE: In compliance with CME/CPD requirements all speakers and oral presenters are requested either to disclose any conflicts of interest or to include in their presentation a statement that they have none.
- Presentation format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Presentation ratio: Please note that the conference computers in the session Halls are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the Halls is 16:9.
- The first slide of your presentation must be your name and presentation title.
- The second slide should be the disclosure slide. If you have nothing to disclose, please add “No Disclosures”. You can download a template HERE.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
Onsite Presentation Slides Upload
- You can bring your slides to the Speakers’ Ready Room on a USB stick. The Speakers’ Ready Room will be clearly signposted at the Congress.
- You are asked to only use the Congress computers in the session halls for presentation purposes. The Congress will not be able to support lecture slides presented on personal computers.
- Please note that your slides must be finalised and ready on the day of your session.
- Please upload your presentation slides in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning and at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint, please make sure to test it in Speakers’ Ready Room during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session and at least 2 hours before the start of the session. In the Speakers’ Ready Room for your session, please check with the technician if the sound and picture from the video are transmitted well and repeat the test again during the break before your session in the session hall to avoid technical issues.
Important for MAC users
To use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare your presentation according to the instructions below, before taking it to the Speakers’ Ready Room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG. The following file types will NOT be visible on a PowerPoint based PC – TIF, PNG or PICT.